Van It. Important information for your service
In order for us to complete your service safely and quickly, please read through the following information:
- Children, animals and pets must be kept away from the clearance area and all areas that lead to the collection vehicle location for the duration of the service.
- The customer must provide safe access, free from obstructions to the premises from where the rubbish is to be removed. The customer shall notify us of any particular circumstances which may be relevant to our quotation, including any access issues, if any items are large or heavy, if the clearance would necessitate working at height, if the rubbish is secured, if there is likely to be a dispute as to whether the rubbish can be cleared.
- If we detect or suspect there may be any asbestos, drug paraphernalia or other hazardous or dangerous substances or materials, we may vacate the premises and will not be responsible for further clearance and disposal. In such an event, the customer shall still be fully liable to pay for the service booked in full. If we need to appoint an expert to remove such materials already loaded onto our vans, we reserve the right to charge the customer any additional costs incurred.
- Any sharp or dangerous objects such as knives or broken glass should be separately stored in an appropriate container by the customer before the drivers arrive for collection.
- Items for removal must be able to fit through a conventional doorway, or broken down to fit before the agreed service time.
- Customers that require large items that need breaking down must do so before the agreed service time.
- Any waste in bags, boxes or containers that are suspected to be contaminated with hazardous waste, vermin or pests such as maggots, cockroaches or rats will be rejected for collection.
Skoup waste removal crews will not accept or carry out the service if:
- There are any items that will not fit a standard sprinter van.
- There is anything that exceeds a two man load limit.
- There is a requirement to remove any items or furniture that are fixed to the floor, walls or ceiling or secured in any way.
- Furniture items have not been broken down such as wardrobes and bedframes.
We cannot complete collection services from properties where:
- The property has more than two floors and no lift access that can accommodate the items scheduled for collection.
- Commercial properties have more than two floors with no lift access
- We suspect there is asbestos present.
- Any building that has an uncontrolled pest or infestation issue including maggots, cockroaches or vermin.
- Lofts or cellars with restricted access.
The customer must inform us if the property where the services are to be carried out is a listed building, located within a conservation area or otherwise subject to restrictions which may impact on the services. It is the customer’s responsibility to confirm that the services will not violate any such restrictions.
- All walkways leading to the access area for the collection vehicles are to be kept clear at all items during the service.
- At the time of booking the customer confirms they have the full authority for Skoup to collect and dispose of specified rubbish. The customer shall reimburse us of any cost or expense incurred as a result of your not having the authority for us to clear the rubbish.
- All of our drivers take extreme care when carrying out collection services at a property. However, where space is limited, or other items are in the collection path to the vehicle, there may be a risk to property. Biffa does not accept liability of any breakages or damage to property or contents during the service. Please ensure anything not scheduled for collection is moved clearly out of the path to the van to avoid any damage.
- If waste significantly differs from that described at the time of booking the work will not be undertaken, and a full refund will be issued.
- Catering waste, former foodstuffs are accepted if they qualify as CAT3 ABP and are less than 20kg.
- If animal by-product is scheduled for collection, the waste will need a commercial document, packaged in a leak proof container, labelled and be directed to a permitted facility. This service will not be carried out by Skoup but a third party.
- A waste transfer note (WTN), a document used to record a transfer of waste from one party to another, is signed in advance and used as a form of an agreement at the time of booking.
- Any changes made to the collection of business waste must be signed for upon collection.