Skip It. Important information for your service
In order for us to deliver your service safely and quickly please read the following information:
- The customer is responsible for ensuring there is suitable operational access for us to deliver the skip, including a minimum 10 metre turning circle for the delivery vehicle.
- Skips will not be delivered over fences, walls or directly into closed gardens
- Skips placed directly onto a lawn or driveway may cause surface damage; we will not be held responsible for any such damage.
- The customer must inform us if the property where the services are to be carried out is a listed building, located within a conservation area or otherwise subject to restrictions which may impact on the services. It is the customer’s responsibility to confirm that the services will not violate any such restrictions.
- All walkways leading to the access area for the collection vehicles are to be kept clear at all items during the service.
- At the time of booking the customer confirms they have the full authority for Skoup to collect and dispose of specified rubbish. The customer shall reimburse us of any cost or expense incurred as a result of your not having the authority for us to clear the rubbish.
- All of our drivers take extreme care when carrying out collection services at a property. However, where space is limited, or other items are in the collection path to the vehicle, there may be a risk to property. Biffa does not accept liability of any breakages or damage to property or contents during the service.
- Please ensure anything not scheduled for collection is moved clearly out of the path to the van to avoid any damage.
- If waste significantly differs from that described at the time of booking the work will not be undertaken, and a full refund will be issued.
- The customer cannot load the skip with large volumes of heavy materials such as soil, sand, concentre, bricks
- The customer cannot place and harmful, hazardous, flammable or ‘landfill banned wastes’ these include:
- Gas cannisters
- Vehicle tyres
-Solvent based paint/paint tins
- Compressed cans/spray cans
If you are a business customer:
- Catering Waste / Former foodstuffs are acceptable If they qualify as CAT3 ABP but less than 20kg
- If a load of ABP to be collected it will need a commercial document, leak proof container, labelling etc. and be directed to permitted facility (refusal to take under skoup).
- If was significantly different than described, the work will not be under-taken, and a full refund will be issued
- WTN – signed in advance; used as a form of agreement (tick box) for consumer
- Any changes must be signed for (business)
- If animal by-product is scheduled for collection, the waste will need a commercial document, packaged in a leak proof container, labelled and be directed to a permitted facility. This service will not be carried out by Skoup but a third party.