Getting ready for your Skip It. service
We have three skip sizes suitable for most domestic and commercial renovation and clearance projects – our Mini, Midi and Maxi skips. Check out our skip comparison page, for more information on which skip size would best suit your needs.
- Please ensure there is enough space to accommodate the skip in the desired placement area to avoid any delays to your order.
- It’s not only your property that needs to have ample room to accommodate the skip and delivery vehicle, any roads leading to the property will also need to be considered. Are all roads wide enough to fit our skip trucks? Consider if vehicles park both sides of the road making it narrow and unsuitable for access.
- You will need to allow the skip delivery vehicle a minimum 10 metre turning circle. If you’re unsure whether our trucks or skips will have enough room, please contact our customer service team on 03300 535 535, and we can help find a solution.
On-street parking for skip hire
These will often include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring no driveways, entrances or exits are blocked by the skip unless you have been granted permission from the owner.
- Utility access points, such as maintenance hole covers, must not be blocked by the skip at any time.
- The skip is positioned at least 15 metres from a junction.
- Skips can be placed within parking bays as long as they do not go over the bay lines. All parking charges must be covered by the customer.
- Any restrictions, regulations and requirements set out within your skip permit will be provided to you before delivery. You are responsible for ensuring all requirements are met and adhered to throughout the skip hire.
Ground suitability for skip hire
Skoup will not take responsibility for any damage caused to a property as a result of unsuitable terrain. If you have any concerns about the suitability of your property, please call our helpful customer service team on 03300 535 535.
Gates or shared access